Blog Archives

Ch-ch-changes

After putting it off for a while I finally cleared out my tomatoes to get the other bed ready for fall. I had been putting it off for a while because I was still getting some tomatoes.

They looked like this

20120919-203807.jpg

All cracked from the good amount of rain we had.

20120919-203854.jpg

This is what that bed looked like when I started.

20120919-203952.jpg

This is after the tomatoes were gone, and I was debating what got to stay. There was a good size oregano, and parsley that had split into 2 bunches. I also discovered my jalapeƱo and Greek pepper plants were in fact still alive. The tomatoes smothered them. I decided to harvest the herbs, I have some in pots on the porch. I left the chard, and peppers. The zucchini is still giving me enough squash to stay.

Here it is all cleared out…

20120919-204103.jpg

Lots of room for new plants! I’m going to make a PVC grid for this bed as well as start to put in drip irrigation while it’s all open.